THE HARVEST HOP 2023
ARTISAN VENDOR APPLICATION
Grass Roots Entertainment Group is excited to invite you to our one-day music event, The Harvest Hop, held on Saturday October 21st. 2023 at the same location as the annual Balloon Rally Event! This flagship event will offer a highly curated experience for attendees which will include exclusive musical performances, food and beer gardens, and custom artisan wares. Grass Roots Entertainment has partnered with key organizers of the long-standing Balloon Rally event in Statesville, NC, as well as local sponsors, to bring a new, family-friendly BlueGrass experience to Statesville, NC!
We invite you to apply to be one of our selected Artisan Vendors at the Harvest Hop!
Please read through the following information before filling out the application.
We look forward to working with you!
Artisan Vendor Booth Information & Fees
Space Measurements & Fees:
Spaces are minimum 12’ x 12’ and are all outside. All space will be set up in a grass area. Please make sure to accommodate for possible wind or rain. Some spaces are back to back. Crafters provide their own tents, tables, chairs, & other supplies.
All vendors are required to bring a pop-up style awning which will fit within the 12X12 space. No pop-ups will be allowed that extends the boundary.
We will be providing power to artisan vendors for a small fee. If you plan on bringing a generator, you must note that on your application so you can be placed where the generator will not disturb other crafters. Quiet generators are required. Consider battery operated lights!
Please note that any vendor approved for selling items that burn (candles, incense, etc.) those items will not be permitted to be burned during the event.
• Vendor Fee - $300.00 (per space)
• Electricity Fee - $25.00 (per space)
Application Package Procedures
Read the entirety of this document and initial each section as confirmation of your understanding and agreement to the information and terms.
Fill out and include Application Page
By signing that page, you are stating that you have read and agree to all pages of Procedures & Guidelines.
Secure Online Payments
Checks will not be not accepted.
Application package must include photographs.
2 photos of your entire booth set up, preferably at an outdoor venue. An indoor setup photo will work if necessary, as long as it will largely represent your booth at The Harvest Hop.
If you are vending 100% handmade crafts and/or jewelry, make sure we have at least 1 photo of your completed work that represents your craft AND 1 photograph of your work in progress (you in the process of creating your product).
Upload photos (COMING SOON)
Photographs will not be kept on file.
4. Receipt of all items above is required before assignment will be considered. Complete application packages are date-stamped to determine priority – so, time is of the essence!
Submit the DocuSigned signed Application Form Below:
If you have been approved to mail in signed documents and printed photos, send to:
The Harvest Hop
135 Cliffview Lane
Mooresville NC, 28117
Dates & Deadlines:
1. Application packages will be accepted: October 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023.
2. The first round of accepted application packages will be notified on or before May 1, 2023.
3. The final round of accepted application packages will be notified on or before June 1, 2023.
4. Once spaces are filled, a Waiting List will be kept. If we notify you of an available booth, payment must be made immediately at www.grassrootsentertainmentgroup.com/Vendors before assignment will be confirmed.
5. Vendor cancellations must be received in writing (via email or text), before August 1, 2023 in order to receive refund of space fee. No refunds for space fee will be given after August 31 for any non-emergency reason (catastrophic emergencies would be considered on a case-by-case basis).
Jewelry / Soaps / Candles / Skin Care / Scrubs / Face Painting / CBD / Essential Oils
• These categories FILL UP QUICKLY. If you sell these items, and are applying after January 1, 2023—we suggest you email the Craft Director before you apply.
• Handmade jewelry is preferred, and we definitely decline MLM type jewelry whenever possible.
• Additional photograph requirements for handmade jewelry: You must provide at least 1 other photo than in the usual package—you with your work in progress, showing tools and work site if possible.
Artisan Vendor General Rules & Regulations
• No multi-level marketing of any kind that is not already accepted into the event from 2021 (ie Amway, Mary Kay, Rodan + Fields, doTerra, Scentsy, LulaRoe, Jeunesse, It Works, Pampered Chef, Nu Skin, Arbonne, Tupperware, Thirty-One, Paparazzi Accessories, and the like)
• The Harvest Hop (Grass Roots Entertainment Group) reserves the right to limit the number of crafters in any one category at the festival.
• All space assignments will be made by September 30, 2023. Any number of unexpected events may occur that would cause a change in someone’s space. The Harvest Hop (Grass Roots Entertainment Group) reserves the right to change assigned spaces at any time, including during the active days of the festival.
• Exhibitors must provide all of their own tents, tables, and display pieces. If you want to bring a generator, you must note that on your application. Only quiet generators will be allowed—but because of fumes and noise, battery-operated elements are preferred. Make sure your tents are weighted in the event of inclement weather. When accepted, if you have any questions, concerns or request please contact our Director of Vending Operations - Carla Loftis CarlaLoftis99@gmail.com
• Exhibitors must provide hand sanitizer for public use at your exhibit. You must also describe your daily sanitation plan on the application. (thanks Covid.)
• Do not display items not listed on your application or in your photos, without prior approval (so send us as complete of a list as you can, within reason). The Harvest Hop (Grass Roots Entertainment Group) representatives reserve the right to remove any items from exhibitor booths.
SET UP RULES AND GUIDELINES:
• Exhibitors will need to be completely set up no later than 12:00pm on Saturday, October 21st, 2023. The venue for this event is on Statesville Regional Airport’s grounds and therefore we cannot have ANYONE on these grounds prior to the event, until our 7am move-in process begins.
The specific procedure for arrival/staging at the venue will be sent to you in September 2023. This procedure includes checking in with Carla Loftis - Director of Vending Operations, parking in your designated zone, and being released into the footprint according to zone by 12:00pm? with the assistance of staff.
• If you are unable to set up in accordance with our guidelines, PLEASE notify the Director via email as soon as possible prior to 12:00 noon. We will lay out any available options to accommodate you. Your move-in and set up must be complete and vehicles must be clear/in the vendor parking lot by 12:00 noon Saturday morning. If you do not set up within the main move-in process, and have not arrived at your space (and have not communicated to the Director of Vending Relations) by 12:00 noon on Saturday morning, you will be considered a no-show and your space may be offered to other vendors. No refunds are offered for no-shows and you may not be approved at future Harvest Hop events.
PARKING DURING LOAD-IN:
You will be issued a Vendor Parking Pass prior to the event. Some locations of the event will already be active worksites during vendor setup on Saturday morning—so, please hang your pass on your rearview mirror BEFORE you arrive on site, so we know who is SUPPOSED to be there and who is not. Please drive carefully, there will be staff everywhere.
PARKING DURING THE EVENT:
The Vendor Parking Pass must be displayed on your dash or mirror (with your BOOTH # and CELL # visible) to enter through the barricades and/or to get to your designated lot. There will be different Vendor Parking areas depending on certain aspects(machinery, restock needs, etc). Once you have entered your assigned parking lot, your vehicle may not exit until the Artisan Vendor area closes for the day. If you wish to park any vehicles in alternate lots, you will have to pay necessary fees—we won’t have extra passes for the vehicle, and thus it should not be brought into the footprint. Also, during loadout time, this vehicle may be the last allowed on the grounds.
PROCESS AT MOVE-IN & RESTOCK:
We will allow you to pull up directly to your designated vending spot to move in during the vending set up process on October 21st, 2023 from 8:00am-12:00pm. Stop your vehicle at or as near to your space as you can, unload quickly, and immediately park your vehicle in your designated lot. Once we close and secure the venue, you will not be allowed to drive your vehicle on the event grounds until the end of the event at 11:00pm and all patrons are off site. If you need to restock items for your booth, please contact Carla Loftis - Director of Vending Operations. She will provide you with an event staff member and a golf cart to assist you.
VEHICLES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ONSITE DURING EVENT HOURS.
Please note that if our staff is busy and you need an immediate restock,
you may have to cart your items a short distance through grass from your vehicle.
Harvest Hop is a family-friendly event. Therefore, no vendor will be allowed to sell or promote, in any way, items that are deemed inappropriate. Items involving vulgar content such as nudity, illegal drugs, politics, hate speech or any other item the organizers of the event deem inappropriate.
The Harvest Hop will have musical performances for the duration of the event. No music or speakers will be permitted in the vendor booths out of respect.
Legal Information & Agreements
• Each exhibitor should register with the NC Dept of Revenue to collect and pay the required sales tax for NC and Iredell County. The Harvest Hop(Grass Roots Entertainment Group) is not acting as an agent and will not be responsible for the collection or payment of any sales tax.
• The Harvest Hop will be held rain or shine and exhibitors are expected to participate at all times. However, Grass Roots Entertainment Group LLC. reserves the right to cancel the event due to dangerous weather conditions or any unforeseen situations which may make it inadvisable to host a large outdoor public gathering. Every effort will be made to provide as much notice as possible through email, text messages, social media, the event website, and local media. In the event of such an emergency cancellation of the event, Grass Roots Entertainment Group shall not be liable for damages, claims, expenses, or losses.
• The Harvest Hop, Grass Roots Entertainment Group, the City of Statesville, the Vendor Committee, and other property owners of festival grounds are not responsible or liable for damages, injury, or loss to any persons or goods that may occur as a result of participation in this festival. The Harvest Hop, Grass Roots Entertainment Group LLC, the City of Statesville, the Vendor Committee, and other property owners of the event grounds can also not be held responsible for any claims for damage, injury or loss arising out of or in connection with use of space or grounds of the event.
• This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of North Carolina. Each Party to this Agreement (a) agrees that any action or proceeding brought in connection with or relating to this Agreement shall be brought, heard and determined exclusively in any state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Iredell County, North Carolina, (b) agrees not to bring any proceeding or action arising out of or relating to this Agreement in any other court, (c) consents and irrevocably submits itself to personal jurisdiction in connection with any such proceeding or action, and (d) expressly waives to the fullest extent permitted by law any objections that it may now or hereafter have to the venue of any such proceeding or action, or that any such proceeding or action was brought in an inconvenient forum.
• Recipient understands and agrees that (i) no license or other right is granted under this Agreement to any aspect of the Confidential Information, or to, or under, any existing or future patent, trademark, trade secret or other form of intellectual property or tangible property, and (ii) no rights are granted other than for the limited purpose contemplated by this Agreement.
For More Information Contact Carla Loftis - Director of Vendor Operations
ARTISAN VENDOR APPLICATION
Vendor/Company Name: ________________________________________________________________
Company Address: ____________________________________________________________________
Company Phone: ______________________________________________________________________
Event Weekend Cell (if different): __________________________________________________________
Primary Contact Name: _________________________________________________________________
Email Address: ________________________________________________________________________
Company Website address: ______________________________________________________________
Company Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Etsy) addresses:
Description of items to be sold (use additional sheets if necessary):
Number of spaces requested: __________ ($300.00 per space)
Number of spaces requesting power: ____________ ($25.00 per space)
Full Name & Age of Employees working the event:
Describe your Covid Sanitation Plan: ________________________________________________________________________________________
____ Application page 1, completed and signed.
____ Space fee $300 for ea 10x10
If you have been approved to mail in the Application & send a check for payment,
Make the check payable to Grass Roots Entertainment Group, and mail all to:
The Harvest Hop
135 Cliffview Lane
Mooresville NC, 28117
Undersigned acknowledges receipt and understanding of Pages 1-4 of the Small Shops Procedures & Guidelines, and agrees to their terms stated herein. Undersigned shall in no way hold Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC. liable for accidents or claims which may occur as a result of participation in this event, and hereby releases and waives any and all rights, claims, or causes of action it may have against Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC its officers, employees, volunteers, and private property owners for theft, personal injury, death or other damage that may result, directly or indirectly, from participating in this event. Further the Undersigned/Vendor agrees to save and hold harmless Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC from any and all claims or suits alleging personal injury, loss, and/or property damages as a result of participation in this event. Undersigned agrees to save and hold harmless Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC from any and all claims of loss of supplies, equipment, or profits due to inclement weather or Acts of God while participating in this event. If Undersigned cancels this reservation/agreement after July 31, 2022, Undersigned will forfeit the total amount of any space fees paid. Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC. reserves the right to terminate this reservation/agreement for any reason. If Matthews Alive Inc. terminates this reservation/agreement before July 31, 2021, Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC will return the space fees in full within 30 days. If Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC terminates this agreement for just cause after July 31, or during the event for just cause, Grass Roots Entertainment Group, LLC reserves the right to determine what if any fees shall be refunded.
(Signature Page Next)
Vendor/Company Name: ________________________________________________________
dba if applicable: ______________________________________________________________
Authorized Contact Printed Name: ________________________________________________